"Origin Oman" - The Campaign
The Omani manufacturing sector reflects the spirit and the heartbeat of the national economy as it contributes significantly to our gross national product. This reflects positively on all aspects of life in Omani society resulting in the prosperity of individuals and businesses. To further support the sector, the "Omani" Campaign, which is run by the Public Establishment for Industrial Estates (PEIE), aspires to raise awareness on the importance of purchasing locally manufactured products by encouraging individuals and institutions to buy these products.
The objectives of the campaign are not limited to the economic aspects for the individual and society. We aim to preserve the environment by reducing energy consumption required for transporting goods, reducing fuel consumption, and decreasing harmful emissions. The success of this campaign, is a responsibility shared by all sections of society, and we call upon all citizens and residents of the Sultanate for their support to achieve a brighter future for Oman.
The campaign intends to:
- Promote national pride in our manufacturing sector and underline the economic, environmental and social importance of buying Omani products and services.
- Enable consumers to clearly identify Omani products and services and to make an informed choice when purchasing.
- Build brand loyalty for Omani products and services
- Help increase Oman's manufacturing capability.
- Reduce imports, especially of consumer goods.
- Help create employment.
- Help reduce fuel consumption.